The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) has published an updated version of the Covid-19 Site Operating Procedures. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has also confirmed how it will monitor the new return to work procedures and a regime of inspections.
The latest issue incorporates a number of technical changes as a result of the recently published Government guidance on Working Safely during Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Construction & Other Outdoor Work.
The changes in Site Operating Procedures – Version 4 are minimal and include:
- Removal of the requirement for face to face contact to be kept to 15 minutes or less
- The section on PPE now links to the latest Government guidance on face coverings
- References to one-way systems and the reconfiguration of seating and tables and an update on portable toilets
- The requirement to share risk assessments with the workforce
- Clarification on when to travel to work, as set out in the Government’s COVID-19 Recovery Strategy
- Updated links and wording on social distancing.
A range of checklists and toolbox talks have been produced by CITB to help employers implement the Site Operating Procedures in practice.
The HSE has also published a statement on how it will maintain its regulatory functions as businesses return to work. This will include conducting visits to business premises and sites in line with social distancing regulations, as well as targeted proactive inspection work of high-risk industries including construction.
Download the new version of the Covid-19 Site Operating Procedures CLICK HERE.